Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fallout Three: Years Later

Fallout 3: Years Later
It has now been many years since the game Fallout 3 was released and as far my opinion goes it is still one of the best post-nuclear game ever. Even with Fallout: New Vegas out I still credit it with being the “True Original” when it comes to its Genre. Fallout 3 marked the transition between turn-based top-down shooters to true 3-D marvels that wowed us at every corner. I still hold true to my statement when I say, “ I would still pay ten bucks if they made another Add-on for Fallout 3. In fact I remember when I got my new computer because my last one could not handle Fallout 3's graphics. I was playing it and I loved it, I will never forget the first time seeing the daylight outside the vault, or Blowing up Megaton, or running frantic through Raven Rock as the Enclave chased my player. Come to think of it he wasn’t just a player he was part of me I modeled him after myself and even adjusted his stats with my own personal strengths and weaknesses. Fallout 3 brought the complete package to the table and the DLC really knocked it out of the ballpark. I loved them all but I will never forget blowing up the Adams Air Force base crawler with a volley of missiles from space. These are some of my reasons I believe that Fallout 3, even with many years since its release is still a great game. Don't forget to check out my Fallout-Themed blog

No comments: